Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thing #21 (Week 9)

Podcasts come in handy when you get no radio reception in your cinder-block-walled classroom. All the CDs in my stereo at school are classical or kid-music, and anytime I put my earbuds in my ears, someone inevitably walks into my classroom or I get a phone call immediately after. My rescue to the endless quiet on early dismissal days or when I'm working before or after school is the ability to listen to podcasts on NPR. I love the freedom that I can listen anywhere - either directly on my computer, or on my mp3 player. I like how I can listen to a favorite show again, or pick up where I left off.

Podcasts open up great opportunities to educators and librarians. Book talks, book reports, or other non-traditional means of sharing information will certainly motivate students to create and to participate in material.

NPR Podcasts

No comments:

Post a Comment